Former Blaugrana boss spoke about his experience at the Spanish giants ahead of his sacking earlier this year
Setien took charge of Barca in January until the end of a miserable 2019-20 season, which the club ended without a trophy and was humiliated 8-2 by Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals.
The 62-year-old, who has sued the club, has opened up about his Camp Nou experience and said he would be ready to return to the Blaugrana in the future.
“The experience has been extraordinary,” Setien said, via Marca.
“It’s true that we didn’t appreciate what we would have liked and with this illusion I left from the start.
“Of course I would go back to Barcelona and I would never regret going there, not at all.”
Setien has been unemployed since his dismissal by Barcelona in August.
The old one Real Betis and the Las Palmas coach said he needed time after his dismissal.
“I have already overcome the grief I had to endure for what happened at Barcelona,” Setien said.
“But it’s an accident, another one that you take in the course of your job.”
Setien was replaced as Barcelona coach by veteran Dutchman Ronald Koeman, but the team’s fortunes have not improved.
Barcelona are currently fifth in La Liga table – eight points behind the competition leaders Atletico Madrid – who also have a game in hand.
The Blaugrana will look to their way up the table with a home game against Eibar Tuesday, before a period of five consecutive away games against Huesca, Athletic Bilbao, Granada, Real Sociedad (Supercopa semi-final) and Elche.
Barca have enjoyed somewhat more success in their Champions League group, qualifying for the knockout stage in second place with 15 points – only behind Juventus face to face.
The first leg will be played in Barcelona on February 16 before the return leg at Parc des Princes on March 10.