Hello and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know to start your day
White House abruptly cuts power to Biden in mid-sentence as he asks question during wildfire briefing
The White House abruptly cut the thread of President Biden’s wildfire briefing with federal and state officials.
During Monday’s visit to Boise, Idaho, Biden received a briefing on the ongoing wildfires that have ravaged several western states. While Biden spoke for much of the briefing, at one point he said he wanted to know more about George Geissler of the National Association of State Foresters.
“Can I ask you a question?” Biden asked.
“Of course,” Geissler replied.
“One of the things I’ve worked on with others is -” Biden said before being cut off in mid-sentence.
The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Biden attributes Idaho wildfires to global warming
– Biden repeatedly suggests he’s not responsible for when he can answer questions from the press
– McEnany castigates the leadership of the White House: we have “naive neophytes” who run the country
– The New York Times accused of “dealing with the Bidens” after calling Hunter’s story “unfounded”
– Joe Biden’s turbulent race relations story exposed in new book
AOC wears ‘Tax The Rich’ dress at $ 30,000 per Met Gala ticket
Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, DN.Y., wore a white dress with the slogan “Tax the Rich” at the lavish Met Gala in New York City, where tickets cost at least $ 30,000 each.
The wardrobe choice drew a mixed response on social media, with some praising Ocasio-Cortez’s post and others wondering if it conflicted with the starry nature of the event.
Tickets for the Met Gala cost at least $ 30,000, according to the Associated Press. It is not known if Ocasio-Cortez purchased a ticket.
Ocasio-Cortez’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
AOC posed without a mask on arrival, but participants were required to be vaccinated and were required to wear masks once inside.
A self-proclaimed Democratic Socialist, Ocasio-Cortez is one of the most prominent progressive voices in support of President Biden’s $ 3.5 trillion budget reconciliation plan. She has repeatedly called for tax hikes on the wealthiest Americans to fund progressive policy initiatives, such as climate-friendly infrastructure and expanded access to free health care. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Jennifer Lopez Impresses At Met Gala 2021 With Western Inspired Look
– Kim Kardashian at the 2021 Met Gala in a head-to-toe black Balenciaga ensemble
– Kendall Jenner hits the 2021 Met Gala red carpet in an almost-nude see-through dress
– Black Lives Matter protesters arrested outside Met Gala, where AOC is chatting inside
GOP congressman bursts into Blinken during hearing in Afghanistan: “We don’t need to hear lies”
A GOP congressman stormed into Secretary of State Antony Blinken during his hearing before the House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs, saying Congress did “not need to hear any lies.”
Rep. Brian Mast, R-Fla., Who lost both legs while serving in Afghanistan, had a heated exchange with Blinken as the time allotted for the Congressman to question the Secretary of State drew on his end.
Mast criticized the administration’s handling of the pullout, highlighting Biden’s controversial call with the former Afghan president, leading the Florida Republican to proclaim he “didn’t believe a word,” the secretary said.
“I don’t want to hear from the secretary,” Mast said. “He lies to us when he appears in front of us.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Blinken criticized for testifying virtually: “I couldn’t bother to come here”
– Hannity torches Blinken’s congressional audience: “Is it possible that a person is so stupid?”
– Blinken insisted on claim Biden told Afghan President Ghani to lie about the war
– “The Five”: Hapless Blinken could not answer the tough questions and “defended the indefensible”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
– COVID-19 Vaccine Recalls Useless For The Most, Says FDA Advisors Who Have Resigned for Cause
– Jayapal accused of running a “miserable” office despite public image of being a fighter for workers
– Florida Police Call Missing Woman Case “Strange”; Van found at fiance’s family home after couple’s road trip
– Nicholas turned into a hurricane as the Texas landing approached
– Raiders beat Ravens on roller coaster in overtime: “This game is crazy”
LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– FB responds to explosive report that they do more than play favorites
– Your data could be exposed if you went to a large pharmacy’s COVID testing site
– Adapt or otherwise: downtown businesses are facing a new reality
– Dem Bowman doesn’t rule out killing infrastructure bill if Manchin doesn’t agree
– SpaceX makes history with the all-civilian crew mission, Inspiration4
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS WEEK’S FOX NEWS CROSSWORD PUZZLE
A FEW WORDS OF APART
Laura Ingraham noted Monday evening that President Joe Biden did not make public remarks on Saturday, 20 years after Al Qaeda terrorists attacked America on September 11, 2001.
Not yet subscribed to Fox News First? Click on here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go to the monitoring page is now available, offering visitors pay TV provider options in their area, broadcasting Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Jack Durschlag of Fox News. Thanks for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox early Wednesday.