West Ham vs Chelsea LIVE commentary: Hammers need London derby win to move away from bottom three as struggling Blues look to end Joao Felix’s scoring woes
Chelsea make the short trip to take on London rivals West Ham this weekend looking for a win to turn the tide.
The Blues have continued to struggle under Graham Potter and languish in ninth place in the Premier League.
Potter’s side have scored just seven goals in their last 12 games, the same number they scored in their first three games under their new boss.
And after drawing 0-0 in their last two games, their woes in front of goal continue and West Ham will be hoping to capitalise.
The Hammers drew against top-flight Newcastle last time out and David Moyes’ side will be looking to build on that positive result.
West Ham vs Chelsea: talkSPORT coverage
This Premier League clash will take place on Saturday, February 11.
Kick-off at the London Stadium is scheduled for 12:30 p.m.
talkSPORT will have LIVE, EXCLUSIVE coverage of the game presented by Reshmin Chowdhury.
Comments will then come from Sam Matterface and former England striker Dean Ashton.
talkSPORT.com will also run a live blog of all the action.
To tune into talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 via the website, click HERE for the live stream.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Lloris injury blow, Man United subject to Qatar interest, Leeds eyes Rayo Vallecano boss
Sharp accused of ‘making stuff up in his head’ after calling Wrexham ‘disrespectful’
Why Man United v Leeds isn’t on TV – talkSPORT has an EXCLUSIVE comment from Old Trafford
Man United said top transfer target is better than Thomas Partey and Casemiro
Gerrard finally wins Premier League title and Mourinho rejoices if Man City are stripped
Pep ‘never wanted’ Haaland as City boss’ past treatment of centre-forwards highlighted
West Ham vs Chelsea: team news
Danny Ings came off the bench for West Ham against Newcastle after recovering from a knock received on his debut.
Ings and Michail Antonio will battle for a place in the lead while Gianluca Scamacca remains absent.
Chelsea were boosted by the returns of Reece James, Ben Chilwell and Raheem Sterling last time out against Fulham and they should all feature again.
Premier League record signing Enzo Fernandez impressed on his debut and will likely start in midfield for the Blues.
Joao Felix has now finished his three-game suspension and can make his second appearance for the club this weekend.
West Ham vs Chelsea: What was said?
Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United are reportedly interested in West Ham’s Declan Rice and this week the midfielder’s valuation has been set.
talkSPORT host Jim White has revealed how much it would take for other Premier League sides to get Rice away from the Hammers.
White said: “What would it take for an offer to be considered successful in the next window? We understand that £120m plus add-ons would get it.
“We understand that Manchester United last summer offered £100m and didn’t get it. Chelsea, Arsenal and United are still in the frame.
“That’s what it would take £120m plus add-ons.”
West Ham vs Chelsea: Match Facts
- Jarrod Bowen is West Ham’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with four goals, with all four goals coming at the London Stadium. Only Everton have a worse goalscorer so far this season (3).
- Chelsea’s Raheem Sterling has been involved in nine goals in his five Premier League appearances against West Ham at the London Stadium (4 goals, 5 assists), the most of any non-West Ham player on the pitch.
- West Ham have scored 18 Premier League goals this season, around 10 less than the number of expected goals suggests (27.9) – this is the biggest negative difference between goals and xG in the competition this season.
- Chelsea have won their first three Premier League games under Graham Potter, scoring seven goals in the process. However, they only won two of their next 12 games (D5 L5), scoring just seven more goals in that streak.
- Chelsea’s last two Premier League games have ended 0-0 – they failed to score in consecutive league matches in September 2007 (4), despite never having had three consecutive draws in their league history.
- West Ham have gained four points in their last two Premier League games, as many as in their previous nine (W1 D1 L7). Only once this season have they gone three league games unbeaten, in October against Wolves, Fulham and Southampton.
- West Ham have lost eight of their last 10 Premier League derby games in London apart from a draw against Tottenham and a win against Fulham this season. Meanwhile, if Chelsea win, they will be the first team to reach 150 London derby wins in the Premier League.
- There have been seven game-winning goals scored in the final five minutes of Premier League meetings between West Ham and Chelsea, more than any other game in the competition. Each of the last three games between the teams ended with a goal in the last five minutes.
- Chelsea have won four of their last five Premier League games against West Ham (L1) and are looking to win three in a row against them for the first time since April 2011.
- West Ham have alternated between winning (4) and not winning (D1 L2) in their last seven Premier League home games against Chelsea, winning that exact match 3-2 last season.
talkSPORT BET DEAL OF THE DAY
Get up to €40 free bets* – CLAIM HERE
18+ New customers only. Sign up, bet up to £40 (min. £20) on selected events at odds of 2.00+, in 7 days. Get up to €40 free bets on selected events. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. Terms and conditions apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please play responsibly
SEE ALL FREE BETS HERE