Hello and welcome to Equity, a podcast about startup activity, where we unpack the numbers and nuances behind the headlines.
This week, Natasha and alexander and Mary Ann met with Chris and Grace to rock our regular Friday news roundup. This time, however, with an extra zip, as we look ahead to a long weekend that, let’s be clear, everyone needs.
Anyway, here’s the recap of the show:
- Don’t call us your metamate, my friend.
- Startups news of the week: Ro relaunch even more despite previous reports of turbulence, Airbase is partnering with Amex and Deel wants to give employers a way to fund their payroll in crypto, no matter where their employees are based. Like Twitter tell usthey are not the first company to try the crypto salary approach.
- The world of crypto regulation is heating up, with news from India and the United States to chew on. Our reading is that some regulations are good, but not all losses can be turned into wins. Come for Alex’s sci-fi connection and stay for Natasha’s boat metaphor.
- We also looked at the mental health market for people of color through the lens of MindFi in APAC and She Matters here in the US. We’ve had a few startup-style questions, but we’re generally optimistic about business.
- And we closed with the cannabis market in Germany and the United States. Alex and Natasha are optimistic about, well, all of this while Mary Ann nurses a hemp seed allergy.
Thanks to those of you who tuned in to our live show last week, we’ll be back next week on the Hopin and Twitter spaces, so sign up to listen to our OG show without edits. Anyway, fun show as always and just a reminder that wWe are off on Monday, but back on Tuesday. Cuddles!
Equity drops every Monday at 7:00 a.m. PST, Wednesdays and Fridays at 6:00 a.m. PST, so subscribe to us at Apple podcast, Covered, Spotify and all castings.