Ulinzi Stars draw against Bidco United, Zoo FC score second point against Posta Rangers

Both matches were part of the midweek action and neither team managed to come home with Nakuru’s maximum points

Ulinzi stars and Bidco United shared points after a 0-0 draw in a football Kenya Federation Premier League match played at Afraha Stadium on Wednesday.

The match was one of two that took place midweek and neither side was able to capitalize on the chances they created and ended up coming home with a deadlock point. .

Ulinzi Stars head coach Benjamin Nyangweso had to make a change in the 22nd minute when he introduced Ibrahim Shambi for Elvis Nandwa. The soldiers had created a number of scoring chances, including three turns in the span of three minutes, but failed to find a breakthrough.

The home side made further changes in the 48th minute when Masuta Masita and Bernard Ongoma were rested and their places were taken by Oscar Wamalwa and Boniface Okinyi.

Bidco United’s Anthony Akhulia also made changes when Lambert Otieno and Pistone Mutamba left the pitch while Orem David and Erick Githimu entered.

John Kago reportedly opened the scoring for the Ulinzi Stars in the 62nd minute after being put onside by Daniel Wawru but his shot went slightly sideways.

Both teams failed to secure a game-changing opener and ended up sharing points despite end-to-end attacks in either half.

In another game, Zoo FC and Posta Rangers also shared points in a 1-1 draw at Afraha Stadium.

An excellent combination from the zoo defenders kept the draw going 0-0 as Posta Rangers bombed them minute after minute in the first quarter of a match.

Dennis Oalo had a chance in the ninth minute, but ended up sending the ball straight to Zoo goalkeeper Vincent Misikhu, even after clinically ending up in the penalty area.

Rangers received a penalty in the 17th minute, but Joseph Mbugi’s effort hit the woodwork and the rebound was wiped out by Pascal Ogweno.

Posta Rangers’ Timothy Wayanga was the first player to be booked after his reckless tackle on Dennis Ongeri in the 24th minute.

Oalo was yet to secure a game opener in the 28th minute when his effort landed in the hands of Misikhu as the Posta Rangers looked more dangerous in the second half.

The hosts, who were playing away from their Kericho Green Stadium, broke the deadlock in the 42nd minute when Collins Neto threw the ball at Bryne Omondi. Neto would have earned a brace in the 46th minute but his effort, from a clear position, went wide.

Oalo was fortunate enough in the 68th minute to find the back of the net with an easy fuss as he equalized for the Mailmen after a number of his initial chances wandered or were saved.

The teams were unable to produce a goal in the remaining minutes when only a few chances were created.

Zoo, who has played two games since returning to the league, drew 1-1 with Bandari in the previous match.


Source link

Back to top button