Skip to content
Toronto police search for suspects after 5 men injured in drive-by shooting


Several people were injured following a drive-by shooting in Scarborough overnight, according to Toronto police.

Officers responded to reports of a drive-by shooting in a car park in the area of ​​Markham Road and Lawrence Avenue East around 1am on Saturday.

Four men were found at the scene with gunshot wounds, police said.

Two of the victims were taken to a local hospital and the other two were transported to a trauma center.

A fifth male victim also made it to the hospital on his own, police said. All of the victims sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries.

The victims are between 28 and 35 years old.

Police said the suspects allegedly fled the scene in a blue car, but no further information about the suspects has been released.

const. David Hopkinson said he was glad the brazen shootout didn’t end in a worse outcome.

“We have and have located bullet holes in other cars and in other surrounding areas. If there had been other people nearby, they could have easily been hit by the stray bullets and it could have ended very tragically,” he told CP24 on Saturday morning.

We are very very lucky. I say lucky – we have five victims in hospital – but we are lucky there weren’t more injuries.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the police or Crime Stoppers anonymously.

ctvnews Canada news

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.