Skip to content
the main suspect dead in the blast – RT in english

As an explosion devastated downtown Nashville on December 25, authorities said the prime suspect died shortly after the blast. He is identified as Anthony Warner, a 63-year-old man unknown to the police.

The man suspected of having triggered the explosion that devastated part of historic downtown Nashville, TN on Christmas Day, has been identified by authorities who claimed on December 27, 2020 that he was dead in the Blast.

“We have come to the conclusion that the individual named Anthony Warner is the author of the explosion. He was present when the bomb was triggered and he perished in the blast, ”Federal Prosecutor Don Cochran assured at a press conference.

For his part, the special agent of the FBI in charge of the investigation, Doug Korneski, declared that there was “no indication on the implication of other people”, while adding that several leads made. still under investigation.

63-year-old man unknown to police

The authorities present at the press conference clarified that Anthony Warner was not known to their services. According to the press, Anthony Warner, 63, had been identified by the police as of December 26. But at the time, the police had confined themselves to saying that a person was wanted “in the interest of [des investigations]”. Investigators raided a house in a district in the south-east of the city.

The campervan explosion devastated a historic district of the country music capital of the United States, exploding early in the morning of December 25. Just before the explosion, the author had played a chilling recording over the loudspeaker, calling on people around to evacuate. Thus, despite the magnitude of the explosion, only three injured were to be deplored.

DNA analysis of tissue from human remains found at the blast site identified Anthony Warner, said David Roush, head of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations. The police immediately considered that it was an “intentional act” but investigators are still trying to identify the motive.

Tennesse Senator Marsha Blackburn posted on Twitter that she had asked President Donald Trump to declare Nashville a disaster area, a measure allowing federal aid to repair the damage.

According to a timetable provided by authorities, police received an alert for gunfire in the area at 5:30 a.m. and officers identified the camper van 30 minutes later. Fifteen minutes later, they heard a chilling recording over the loudspeaker, interspersed with musical passages, calling on people around to evacuate.

The camper van was parked in front of an AT&T telephone company building, and its explosion damaged facilities, disrupting telecommunications in Tennessee and parts of Alabama and Kentucky. Even the local airport had to suspend its flights for a while.

AT&T said on Dec. 26 that two mobile phone antennas had been installed in downtown Nashville and numerous others in the area to restore communications.