Two young men suspected of having participated in the creation of a potentially explosive device, which ultimately turned out to be fictitious, in a building in Nantes, are still in custody on Tuesday, AFP learned from the Nantes police. .
“The demining service has established that the disturbing device has no active material and that everything is fictitious,” Brigadier Ludovic Eudes, in charge of police communication told AFP at the end of the afternoon. , while specifying that the custody was “still in progress”.
These people, arrested by the Raid, “lived on the 3rd floor of the building” doomed to destruction and refused to go out. They are suspected “of having participated directly or indirectly in the design of a potentially explosive or incendiary device,” Ludovic Eudes said earlier in the afternoon, during a press briefing on the spot. “For the moment, there is no radicalization established among these people”, had specified Brigadier Eudes.
These are employees of the lessor Nantes Habitat, owner of the premises, who discovered Tuesday around 11 am, in an apartment on the second floor from which emanated music, “a travel or sports bag covered with kraft paper from which cables were coming out ”as they toured the building. A security perimeter was immediately established around the area. He was up around 6.30 p.m.
In addition to these two men, a squatter was also arrested for an identity check before being released. Officially, only one apartment was still occupied by a title tenant. “There is a conflict with the landlord who had set up an eviction procedure, but people were still inside the building,” added Ludovic Eudes.
In total, nearly 100 people were mobilized to secure the premises, teams from the Departmental Directorate of Public Security, the Raid, the Secure Field Brigade, demining services and firefighters.
letelegramme Fr Trans