sport breaking news
Here at talkSPORT, we’ve teamed up with The Spirt of The Open Loch Lomond Whiskies to give away a VIP ticket package to the most prestigious golf tournament in the world – The Open. This year, The Open is being held at The Royal St George’s Gold Club in Kent.
You could win two VIP tickets to The Open on Friday 16th July, VIP access to the Loch Lomond Whiskies bar giving you free food and drink throughout the day, plus a bottle of Loch Lomond Whiskies 12 Year Old.
Loch Lomond Whiskies is an award winning range of single malt whiskies.
Loch Lomond Distillery has an original approach to whisky making, using different styles of distillation to create new spirit of many characters and flavours…from spicy, rich and fruity, to light, sweet and smoky.
Our Master Blender, Michael Henry, brings together casks with care and precision, making sure they are perfectly matched to create our award winning whiskies.
To enter win the VIP ticket page – courtesy of Loch Lomond Whiskies, The Spirit of The Open – all you have to do is answer the question below correctly.
Competition closes 23:59 on 11th July 2021.
Over 18+ only.
WIN TWO TICKETS TO THE OPEN WITH LOCH LOMOND WHISKIES (THE “PROMOTION”) ONLINE RULES:
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”). Phoning, texting or emailing to enter the Promotion or completing and submitting an entry form will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published by the Promoter (including on social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also apply to the Promotion. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
1. Residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter or Wireless Group Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party sponsors or promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. Anyone who has won a prize for any Promotion run by participating radio stations in the Wireless network in the 12 months preceding the end of the Promotion Period is not eligible to enter.
3. The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 28 June 2021 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 11 July 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period will be void.
4. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person during the Promotion Period.
5. To enter you must complete and submit the entry form available at http://www.talksport.com/competitions during the Promotion Period only.
6. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
7. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access if they enter the Promotion online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
8. There will be 1 winner. One prize per winner.
9. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Period. There will be no prizes for any other participants.
10. The prize is a pair of VIP tickets to see The Open at the The Royal St George’s Gold Club, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9PB, United Kingdom on 16 July 2021 only, access to the Loch Lomond Whiskies Bar at The Open, and 1x bottle of Loch Lomond Whiskies 12 Year Old. Delivery for the Whisky bottle will be fulfilled within 28 days, subject to COVID-19 restrictions. Winner and guest are responsible for travel to and from the show/event at their own expense. Promoter reserves the right to substitute tickets for a different show/event and date without notice if ticket(s) to the advertised show/event become unavailable for any reason and/or at its sole discretion.
11. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
12. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, parking, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
13. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
14. Winners will be notified by phone or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter on Monday 12 July. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
15. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize by 12 July 2021. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
16. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
17. For a list of winners (name and general location) please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to the Promoter at: Promotions Department, Wireless Group Limited, 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF stating that you would like the winner details for the “Win Two Tickets to The Open with Loch Lomond Whiskies” Promotion.
Data Protection and Publicity
19. Participants’ names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are a winner of the Promotion in accordance with the regulatory requirements. In such circumstances we may also make free use of this information and participant’s photographs for publicity purposes both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any of its associated or subsidiary companies.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
23. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Loch Lomond Whiskies or other third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Loch Lomond Whiskies.
24. Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of making a phone call, sending an entry by post, email or text, is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
26. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the “Website”).
28. If you are resident of the United Kingdom then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland), and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland). If you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
29. The promoter of this Promotion is Wireless Group Limited (operator of participating radio stations in the Wireless network) of 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF. (the “Promoter”).