Skip to content

A report by M6 on supposed illegal dinners in Paris continues to make headlines. In this context, the government spokesperson said that he had no information on the participation of ministers in such dinners.

Government spokesman Gabriel Attal said on April 8 at the end of the Council of Ministers that he had “no information on the participation of members of the government” in the supposed clandestine dinners which have been controversial for several days.

President Emmanuel Macron recalled in the Council of Ministers that “all those who have responsibilities should be exemplary” in respect of measures to fight against Covid-19, and warned that there would be “no complacency” to the ‘towards offenders, reported Gabriel Attal. The Head of State also said “his attachment to not entering a society of denunciation and permanent slander”, according to the government representative.

In the afternoon of April 8, a search was carried out at the Palais Vivienne, property of the collector Pierre-Jean Chalençon, according to the Paris prosecutor’s office. A search had already taken place the day before at the Parisian home of Christophe Leroy, suspected of having organized clandestine meals in Paris, in particular at the Palais Vivienne.

Christophe Leroy ensures that he has provided legal services

Christophe Leroy “was able to submit a certain number of documents establishing that the services he performed were, as permitted by law, in private homes and not in establishments open to the public (ERP) of the restaurant, ”said his lawyer, Thierry Fradet, in a statement. “In any case and contrary to what has been claimed in an unprofessional manner, no member of the government participated in the meals”, he added, denouncing a “bad trial” against his customer.

The broadcast by M6 on April 2 of a report on sumptuous illegal dinners in Paris sparked a heated controversy last weekend, one of the alleged organizers, identified as Pierre-Jean Chalençon, claiming to have “dined in the week in two-three illegal restaurants ”where he would have crossed“ ministers ”. Since then, Pierre-Jean Chalençon has returned to his statements, explaining that he wanted to make “humor”. The report mentioned in particular a dinner at the Palais Vivienne “around a caviar and champagne menu” at the price of 220 euros per person concocted by the cook. He had ignited social networks, provoked reactions from the political class, and led to the opening of an investigation.

Thierry Fradet, who assured that Christophe Leroy reserved his statements for investigators, considered that the journalists of M6 had “acted under legally criticizable conditions”, not having announced “their quality” and having filmed “the interior of a private home by means of a hidden camera ”.

Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said on April 6 that to his knowledge, no minister attended such clandestine luxury dinners. He slaughtered a rumor that “undermines the foundations of democracy”.



Source link