TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Texas Congressman Jodey Arrington (TX-19) released a statement Wednesday afternoon about the Mesquite Heat fire and other fires between Coronado’s Camp and View.
Rep. Arrington said he spoke with Taylor County officials, Gov. Greg Abbott’s office and emergency management about supporting efforts during the more than 1,500-acre fire.
Statement by Representative Arrington:
“Praying for West Texas and our first responders as they battle wildfires burning throughout Taylor County. I spoke with Taylor County elected officials, Governor Abbott’s office, and the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) about how best to support their efforts. I am grateful for their tireless efforts.
The Taylor County Sheriff’s Office (TCSO) has been inundated with calls for status updates, and Rep. Arrington, with TCSO, said those calls are draining vital resources.
For status updates, stay up to date with KTAB/KRBC coverage, TCSO Facebook page or the Texas A&M Forest Service website.
For assistance, here is a list of resources provided by the Arrington representative:
- Dial 2-1-1 or Click here.
- Click here to visit the Texas Division of Emergency Management website
- For animal relief, the Taylor County Expo Center provides free booths (livestock and pets). Call: (325) 795-6706
- Arrington Representative’s Abilene Office: (325) 675-9779
- The American Red Cross has a team at View Baptist Church, where the evacuees are staying. Call: (325) 698-8741