Health Canada has issued a recall warning for various bassinets and changing tables for Harmony Play & Go Playard products due to potential choking and entrapment hazards.
The company reported that approximately 84,000 units of the affected product were sold in Canada between March 2020 and July 2022.
Affected products include:
- Crib and changing table: all-in-one playpen Harmony Play & Go (model: 801006NTL; black color)
- Crib and changing table: Harmony Play & Go Complete LT Playard (model: 08LT013BGY; black color)
- Crib and changing table: complete Harmony Play & Go playpen (model: 0801012BGY; black color)
- Crib and changing table: complete Harmony Play & Go playpen (model: 0801014GGY; grey color)
- Cradle: Harmony Play & Go Deluxe Playard (model: 0801001PXL; color: grey/green mix)
- Cradle: Harmony Play & Go Deluxe Playard (model: 0801005MGL; color: black/pink mix)
The recalled products were sold with serial numbers 000100010001 through 00440001000. Playards sold without bassinets and/or changing tables are not included in this voluntary recall.
According to Health Canada, if the crib’s structural support bars are not in place or fully assembled, it can create an uneven sleeping surface and a potential risk of injury or even death from suffocation. Additionally, it may present the same entrapment risks if a child is left unattended in the crib or playard while the changing table accessory is installed, contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions, if a child attempts to lift the table to change.
As of November 15, there have been no reported incidents or injuries related to the affected products in Canada.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A RECALLED PRODUCT?
If you have a recalled product, do not use it without the accompanying bassinet structural support bars in place. You can contact Harmony to receive a free kit that eliminates the need to remove the support bars.
Consumers are also advised to immediately unfasten and discard the changing table straps and discontinue use of the changing table instructions. Consumers may contact Harmony for updated changing table instructions for continued use of the accessory.
Health Canada has also asked Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product.
Reporting for this story was paid for through the Meta-funded Afghan Journalists in Residence project.
ctvnews Canada news