Usa News

Quinton Simon’s baby sister breaks silence as new details emerge about mum Leilani’s final hours before shocking arrest

QUINTON Simon’s babysitter is breaking her silence as details emerge about Leilani Simon’s final hours before her arrest for the murder of her son.

Little Quinton was reported missing on October 5 and the Chatham County Police Department believe the remains found in a landfill belong to the 20-month-old.


Quinton Simon’s babysitter broke her silence after Leilani Simon’s arrest [picture] for the murder of his sonCredit: The Mega Agency
Quinton was reported missing on October 5 and police believe the remains found in a landfill belong to him


Quinton was reported missing on October 5 and police believe the remains found in a landfill belong to himCredit: Facebook/billie.betterton

DNA tests are still underway to confirm the identity, however, the news came just hours after the toddler’s mother, Leilani Simon, 22, was arrested for his murder.

Diana McCarta, who says she babysat Quinton for 10 months before his disappearance, had a strong reaction to the news.

McCarta says she keeps thinking back to when she got a text message telling her she wouldn’t have to babysit Quinton that day.

“You wonder what he must have been through from the moment he left my house, to the morning I got the text. I can’t even imagine and I don’t want to think about it because it makes me drives me crazy,” she added. said.

Quinton Simon's grandmother 'told the FBI about the toddler's mother' before his arrest
Leilani Simon has been arrested and charged with the murder of Quinton Simon

People across the country are demanding justice for the little boy and McCarta believes Leilani’s arrest brings them closer to that end.

“I just don’t know how a mother could hurt her child. I don’t know what could go through her mind to hurt her child. I’m glad justice is being served because Quinton needs it,” she added. McCarta said.

“We want justice for this precious baby, no matter what he is, no matter who he is. At the end of the day, all the protesters and the family all wanted the same thing. We wanted justice for this precious baby,” she added.


According to Leilani’s mother, Billie Jo Howell, Leilani had checked into a treatment center and stayed there for a few weeks and the two women had been in frequent communication with the FBI.

However, Howell learned that her daughter was going to withdraw from the treatment center and had to make a decision.

“Her mother had to make one of the hardest decisions of her life, calling the FBI agents and letting them know she was signing off, she couldn’t come back here and she was going to be a risk of leak, because she couldn’t come back here because she was going to be back on the streets doing god knows what with god knows who,” a family friend told the WTOC after Howell was too emotional to talk on the phone.

The friend said that at the request of the FBI, Howell picked up Leilani from the center and spent the last free hours with her daughter.

“They asked her to save time. So she went to get Leilani’s things from another center and then she took Leilani for her last free meal,” the friend said.

Howell then took Leilani to the Savannah FBI office where she was eventually arrested and charged with her son’s murder.

On Wednesday, a judge denied Leilani bail in court.

The young mother did not appear but pleaded not guilty and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for January 11.

The Chatham County Police Department has said in the past that it does not believe Leilani was a flight risk and, when asked if that had changed prior to her arrest, Chief Jeff Hadley replied “no “.


In a phone call obtained by, Howell told the boy’s father, Henry “Bubba” Moss, that she believed Quinton had drowned in the bathtub.

She reportedly said, “I feel, honestly and frankly, Bubba, I’m not going to lie to you, I feel like there was an accident.

“I feel like something happened while Quinton was in the tub, and he drowned, and they were both stoned. This is my theory.

When Quinton’s dad told him on the phone that they “should have gone to the police if something like this happened”, Howell added, “If you’re stoned, man, you’re doing stupid shit.”

On the day Quinton was reported missing, cops say Leilani’s boyfriend, Daniel Youngkin, said he saw him when he woke up at 6 a.m.

Hadley added: ‘Mother woke up another time later and reported the child missing at 9.39am.

“The boy’s biological father was not with him at the time of his disappearance.

“The child’s mother and her boyfriend worked with detectives.”

Court documents reviewed by WJCL showed the family was also at odds before Quinton disappeared.

Howell wanted to remove Leilani and Youngkin from her home, according to the reports.

The documents claimed that the couple had “damaged” Howell’s property and that Leilani allegedly had a history of stealing from the family.

I love meat and tried Lizzo's junk food vegan diet for 48 hours - it was awful
The theme park

Court records obtained by The US Sun showed that Leilani’s other two children were abducted from her mother’s home on October 12 during the search for Quinton.

Child Protective Services abducted the children shortly after cops deemed Leilani the prime suspect.

DNA tests are still underway to confirm the identity of the remains


DNA tests are still underway to confirm the identity of the remainsCredit: Chatham County Police Department
Quinton's grandmother, Billie Jo Howell, reported Leilani to the FBI


Quinton’s grandmother, Billie Jo Howell, reported Leilani to the FBICredit: Facebook


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button