Princess Charlene of Monaco says she is “still fragile”, in a rare interview after spending months away from her principality due to health problems.
The 44-year-old former Olympic champion swimmer, who married Prince Albert in 2011, spent months in Switzerland for treatment for several health issues, including what the royal palace in Monaco described as “deep general fatigue “.
She returned to Monaco in March as her health improved, the royal palace said at the time, and only recently returned to official duties.
“My health is still fragile and I don’t want to rush things,” she told the newspaper. beautiful morning Wednesday, adding: “It has been a long, difficult and painful road. Today, I feel calmer.
His long absence has fueled media speculation of a rift between Charlene and Albert, which the Palace has repeatedly denied.
Charlene slammed the speculation, praising her husband for his support and saying that “like all human beings we have emotions, frailties, but our family is exposed to media attention and any weakness gets relayed”.
Albert is the son of the late Prince Rainier III and actress Grace Kelly, who gave up a Hollywood career to become Princess Grace.
Charlene swam for South Africa at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney before retiring in 2007.
She and Albert tied the knot four years later in a lavish ceremony in Monaco, a playground of the wealthy known for its Grand Prix car racing.
“I’m very happy to be back in Monaco,” said Charlene beautiful morning.
The princess has been ill for much of the last year and spent months in her native South Africa, where she underwent various medical procedures.
She returned to Monaco in November but soon left for Switzerland for further treatment.
Last month, Charlene made her first public appearance with Albert since November, attending the Monaco E-prix.
The Independent Gt