Skip to content
Prince Charles and Prince William were behind the royal expulsion of Prince Andrew


MJ Kim / Getty Images

The second and third rows of the throne, Prince Charles and his son William, have encouraged the Queen in her decision to ruthlessly exclude Prince Andrew from the royal family and force him to relinquish his HRH title, he said. we reported on Friday.

the Daily mail and the Telegraph both reported that William and Charles contributed significantly to Andrew’s brutal defenestration, which took place Thursday during a 90-minute reunion with his mother at Windsor Castle.

Prince Andrew has 3 options and loses everything he does

Charles was in regular contact with the Queen by phone from her home in Scotland, but William was at Windsor Castle on Wednesday, and it is believed he spoke to his grandmother in person about the extremely sensitive issue of the future of ‘Andrew outside the royal fold.

the To post quoted a source as saying that the father and son duo had been “instrumental” in the dramatic movement, while the Telegraph said the decision was taken with “input from other members of the royal family, including the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge”.

It also emerged that Andrew was summoned to his mother’s private apartments at Windsor Castle to be briefed on the bad news in person. He tried to take his personal attorney, Gary Bloxsome, into the private hearing with him, but Bloxsome, who has been nicknamed “Good News Gary” due to his reported tendency to always paint a bright picture of his prospects at Andrew , was not allowed. to attend the meeting, and instead had to wait in the parking lot.

Andrew’s final excommunication from royal life came in a generally concise statement issued by the Queen after a New York judge dismissed his latest attempts to have a civil case brought against him by Virginia Giuffre dismissed. Giuffre accuses her of raping her three times when she was 17.

The best way to isolate the family from Andrew’s legal problems has been the subject of intense discussion within the family for weeks, amid fears that sinister allegations about Andrew’s sex life could overshadow the Platinum Jubilee celebrations this year to mark the Queen’s years on the throne.

Ultimately, the To post reports, it was decided to follow “the same pattern” as in the case of Harry and Meghan, where rather than having HRH legally withdrawn, they were simply told to stop using it.

“They made this decision to isolate the institution from being hit by all the shrapnel flying around,” a source said, “It follows the same pattern as the separation from Sussex. The removal of titles and patronage now allows the institution to legitimately declare that it is not involved It was a ruthless and swift move that was recommended by the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge and sanctioned by the Queen.

Another source cited by the To post said: “She loves Andrew and that doesn’t mean he’s not her son anymore. But a decision had to be made as it eclipsed everything the family did and her upcoming platinum jubilee. Everyone will feel very relieved to have finally been left adrift. It may even help him have more clarity in tackling the matter. “

the Mail correspondent Richard Kay said the role of “domestic executor” fell to Prince Charles after the death of his father, Prince Philip, but said he “did not act alone” and was supported by the Prince William who “recognized the risk to the royal family” is a good name posed by his uncle. “

Sources close to Andrew have attempted to portray the move to The Daily Beast as a resolution agreed upon between Andrew and the Queen rather than something “forced” on him.

Similarly, the Telegraph Quoted a friend of Andrew’s: “I sincerely believe that in the long run it will be the Duke’s Independence Day. It was almost impossible for him to do anything without worrying about harming the monarchy or his mother. It was really the only viable option available to him. If he has learned anything over the past couple of years, it is that if you are a member of the royal family, falsely accused of heinous crimes then it is almost impossible to clear your name. If he says nothing, he is accused of hiding behind his mother’s skirts, and if he does speak, he is a victim of shame. He now has the latitude to clear his name as a private citizen.

The outlet added that Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson “helped persuade him that this was the only way forward.”

Virginia Giuffre took to Twitter on Friday, writing that she was “satisfied” that her “Prince Andrew case” will now “move forward”.

She added, “I am happy to have the chance to continue to speak the truth and I am deeply grateful to my amazing legal team. Their determination helps me to seek justice from those who have harmed me and so many others. My goal has always been to show that the rich and powerful are not above the law and should be held accountable. I do not walk this path alone, but alongside countless other survivors of sexual abuse and trafficking. “

Learn more about The Daily Beast.

Get The Daily Beast’s biggest scoops and scandals delivered straight to your inbox. Register now.

Stay informed and get unlimited access to unrivaled reports from The Daily Beast. Subscribe now.


yahoo-skynews Gt

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.