A pregnant woman had a blood liquor written content 3 situations the authorized limit in a February crash that resulted in the death of her 11-12 months-old son, Pennsylvania police stated.
Law enforcement released particulars Thursday about the Feb. 23 crash in Manheim Township and introduced 22 fees towards Jennifer Johnson, 35.
Johnson was touring with her son and driving up to 69 mph in a 25 mph zone at the time of the crash, according to law enforcement.
While driving on a bridge toward Lancaster Metropolis, Johnson entered the mistaken lane and narrowly averted two motor vehicles prior to hanging one more motor vehicle head-on. The two individuals in the other vehicle had injuries that had been considered major to daily life threatening, which include a person with “damaged organs and several broken bones.”
“Due to this speed, Johnson’s motor vehicle could not negotiate a curve in the roadway, therefore producing her to reduce manage and strike a further automobile head-on,” police claimed.
Johnson’s 11-calendar year-old son was not wearing a seatbelt and died at a local healthcare facility hours later on. Johnson was also not sporting a seatbelt, according to police.
Law enforcement said Johnson realized she was pregnant at the time of the crash. She experienced a blood alcohol content material of .262, which is a lot more than three periods the legal limit of .08, in accordance to police.
“Johnson’s steps were being the immediate final result of the child’s loss of life,” police claimed.
Johnson was driving with a suspended license thanks to a past DUI conviction.
She was charged Wednesday with the adhering to:
▪ Aggravated assault of unborn little one
▪ Homicide by car or truck even though driving beneath the affect
▪ Aggravated assault by car whilst driving less than the affect
▪ Homicide by motor vehicle
▪ Aggravated assault by car or truck
▪ Mishaps involving accidents even though not adequately licensed (three counts)
▪ Endangering welfare of little ones
▪ Driving beneath the affect, normal impairment
▪ Driving less than the influence, best level of liquor
▪ Recklessly endangering a further particular person (4 counts)
▪ Driving below suspension, DUI connected
▪ Restraint systems (seatbelt, two counts)
▪ Reckless driving
▪ Driving auto at safe pace
▪ Driving in a solitary lane
▪ Driving on suitable facet of roadway
Johnson was arrested and launched right after processing, in accordance to the news release.