Liverpool hope to continue their superb form at the Estadio do Dragao when they face Porto tonight.
The Reds have now been drawn against the Dragons in three of their last five Champions League campaigns.
And Jurgen Klopp’s side are hoping for three out of three wins in Portugal, having beaten Porto 5-0 and 4-1 away in recent years.
But Liverpool will also be keen to avoid a mistake against Sergio Conceicao’s side after being held 3-3 at Brentford on Saturday.
The Premier League giants currently lead Group B with three points after beating AC Milan 3-2 at Anfield.
Porto, meanwhile, are on the hunt for their first win after a goalless draw against Atletico Madrid left them on one point.
Porto v Liverpool: talkSPORT commentary
The Group B clash of the Champions League will take place on Tuesday, September 28 and start at 8 p.m.
Commentary on Liverpool’s trip to Porto will come from Ian Danter and former England defender Stuart Pearce.
Full coverage will be live on talkSPORT 2 with pre-game prep starting at 7pm while talkSPORT.com brings you the latest news via our live blog.
To connect to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2, click HERE for live streaming.
Here are the other ways to listen …
- Application iPhone – Download from the Apple store
- Android – Download from Google Play
- Radio – talkSPORT is available across the UK via DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM
- TV – Listen to talkSPORT on your TV on the following channels: Sky: Channel 0108 Blank media: Channel 927 TNT: Channel 723 Freesat: Channel 731
Next talkSPORT comments
Tuesday, September 28
- Paris Saint-Germain v Manchester City – 8:00 p.m., Champions League – talkSPORT
- Porto v Liverpool, 8:00 p.m., Champions League – talkSPORT 2
wednesday 29 september
- Juventus v Chelsea, 8:00 p.m., Champions League – talkSPORT
- Fulham v Swansea, 7:45 p.m. Championship – talkSPORT 2
Thursday, September 30
- Legia Warsaw v Leicester – 5:45 p.m., Europa League – talkSPORT 2
Friday October 1
- Stoke v West Brom – 7:45 p.m., Championship – talkSPORT 2 EXCLUSIVE
saturday 2 october
- Manchester United v Everton – 12:30 p.m., Premier League – talkSPORT EXCLUSIVE
- Coventry v Fulham – 12:30 p.m. Championship – talkSPORT 2 EXCLUSIVE
- Wolves v Newcastle – 3:00 p.m., Premier League – talkSPORT 2 EXCLUSIVE
- Brighton v Arsenal – 5.30 p.m. Premier League – talkSPORT EXCLUSIVE
Porto-Liverpool: team news
The hosts are without a suspended Chancel Mbemba after the defender received a late red card in the draw with Atletico.
Porto could also miss influential Pepe after club coach Conceicao revealed the 38-year-old veteran is uncertain due to an injury.
The former Real Madrid star missed training on Monday and will be assessed ahead of tonight’s game.
Liverpool, meanwhile, were boosted by the return of Naby Keita after sustaining a foot injury in the Carabao Cup victory at Norwich.
The midfielder missed the trip to London to face Brentford with his final shot, but Klopp has revealed he will travel with the Reds.
Liverpool have no other injury issues with Thiago Alcantara and Harvey Elliott already ruled out with more serious injuries.
What was said?
Klopp insisted that Liverpool’s defensive display in the 3-3 draw against Brentford is not a concern heading into a Champions League return.
He said: “We haven’t defended at our top level so we have to improve.
“We don’t make these things bigger than they are, but you have to show a reaction.”
Conceicao said: “It’s always difficult to play against Liverpool. The two times we played against them they were finalists and that shows their strength.
“The identity of Liverpool, like ours, has not changed. We are up against an opponent who, for me, at certain points in the game, is the best team in the world.