Skip to content

A Dane who left five dead and two injured in an archery attack in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg on Wednesday had converted to Islam and was known to police, law enforcement said .

Speaking on Thursday, Norwegian Regional Police Chief Ole Bredrup Saeverud said a 37-year-old Danish citizen arrested after an archery attack in Kongsberg on Wednesday was known to police.

Saeverud told a press conference that the suspect had converted to Islam and that police intelligence had identified signs of radicalization. His apparent radicalization had been flagged as a concern prior to the attack.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW


rt Gt

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.