News

Newcastle set to continue contract negotiations with Jacob Murphy amid interest from Porto and Burnley | Football news


Newcastle are expected to have further talks with Jacob Murphy over a new contract amid interest from other clubs.

Portuguese side Porto, as well as Burnley, would very much like the 26-year-old, who finished the Premier League season strong.

But the Magpies insist Murphy, who only has one year left on his Tyneside contract, is not for sale and they want him to sign a new, long-term deal.

The former England Under-21 player signed at Norwich for just over £ 10million in 2017 and – after loan spells at West Brom and Sheffield on Wednesday – he has settled under the manager from Newcastle Steve Bruce last season.

Murphy has made 26 Premier League appearances, scoring twice and scoring three more goals and talks about extending his stay were opened earlier this year.








0:46

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce says he is ready to test Arsenal’s resolve in the summer transfer window to try to continue signing loan Joe Willock.

Bruce was asked about Murphy’s contract situation towards the end of last season and said: “I sincerely hope we tie Jacob up. He has played a big role in the season. I have been very, very happy. from him.”

Murphy, the twin brother of Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy, has scored four goals in 72 total appearances for Newcastle, making more than 200 appearances at senior level since joining Norwich Youth Academy.





Source link

Back to top button