The James Harden era is over and his fellow NBA players have some thoughts.
The Rockets, Nets, Clippers and Cavaliers reunite for a exceptionally large zaftig trade Wednesday afternoon sending disgruntled superstar James Harden to the Nets, and many other things. Here is the reported breakdown:
- Nets get: James Harden
- Pacers get: Caris LaVert, second round pick
- Riders get: Jarrett Allen, Prince of Taurus
- Rockets get: Victor Oladipo, Dante Exum, Rodions Kurcus, four first-round picks, four picks with Brooklyn
The trade is the second deal the Rockets have made in recent months, shipping point guard Russell Westbrook to the Wizards in exchange for John Wall. Trade ends the months of wanting-they-won’t-they odyssey around Harden, culminating in a very brief post-game press conference last night in which Harden said his relationship with Houston was irreparable.
And a fun treat: all that shebang might have been predicted by Kevin Durant 12 years ago.
Congratulations to my new teammate James Harden
– Kevin Durant (@ KDTrey5) June 26, 2009
Prediction or not, the fact remains that Durant and Harden will team up again for the first time since 2012 when they were teammates in Oklahoma City, giving the Nets three real stars to try to clinch an NBA championship.
It’s just another day in the Association, and many NBA players had thoughts to share – some in emoji form – following the massive deal.
Right before my nap, eh. The most entertaining sport in the industry
– CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) January 13, 2021
He’s about to go down 😀
– Jusuf Nurkić (@ bosnianbeast27) January 13, 2021