Match Report – Hull KR 40 – 4 Salford

Trials from George Lawler, Ben Crooks, Brad Takairangi, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Matt Parcell, Ryan Hall and Kane Linnett sealed a convincing victory for Rovers; Salford led Ken Sio’s trial and kicked Pauli Pauli out late

Last updated: 06/11/21 10:08 PM

Hull KR’s Shaun Kenny-Dowall celebrates his try against Salford

The Hull Kingston Rovers had seven tries as they claimed their fifth Super League victory this season beating Salford Red Devils 40-4 in Friday’s game at Hull College Craven Park.

Ken Sio gave Salford a perfect start, but Rovers took advantage when Chris Atkin was doomed by sin as he hit back on scores from George Lawler and Ben Crooks as the half-back was off the field.

Brad Takairangi’s first try for Hull KR saw the hosts enter the break 16-4, and although Rovers lost Adam Quinlan to the sin-bin in the second half, the Red Devils were unable to capitalize and others. trials by Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Matt Parcell, Ryan Hall and Kane Linnett sealed the victory.

A miserable night for the visitors was made even worse by the expulsion of Pauli Pauli in the last game of the game for a hit on Rovers half-back Jordan Abdull.

There were early mistakes on both sides and Salford made the home team pay off by scoring the first try, with Sio beating Ryan Hall on a Tui Lolohea ground kick after four minutes.

More indiscipline from the Rovers was punished by referee Chris Kendall but Salford failed to take advantage and New Zealander Kenny-Dowall erupted from a tackle to gain important ground and relieve the pressure.

Salford was just 12 men when Atkin was knocked out in the next game and when Rovers then forced a second set Lawler took off from a tackle to pass with 19 minutes remaining. Abdull’s simple conversion was 6-4.

Ken Sio's essay put Salford in the lead

Ken Sio’s essay put Salford in the lead

Crooks claimed Rovers’ second try as he dove into the right corner of Quinlan’s pass 16 minutes into the half.

Rovers suffered a heavy blow as Dean Hadley had to leave 10 minutes before the break due to intensive treatment, with Matty Storton entering in his place.

But the home side widened their lead just before half-time as Takairangi chased his own kick to touch the ground and Abdull added the extras to bring the score to 16-4 for the home side.

Salford needed a good start to the second half, but successive mistakes helped the Rovers extend their lead. Morgan Escare dropped the ball over his own line and Lolohea then sent off the entire goal line abandonment, giving Abdull an easy penalty to make it 18-4.

Ryan Hall escapes to score Hull KR's sixth try

Ryan Hall escapes to score Hull KR’s sixth try

Rovers also received a yellow card when Quinlan took the ball out of an opponent’s hand as he was about to play it down.

A delayed pass from Abdull saw Kenny-Dowall score Rovers’ fourth try as he rushed over despite the attention of four defenders and Abdull’s conversion brought the score to 24-4 with 17 minutes left. to play.

Try No.5 was not long in coming as Parcell bounced off a tackle and came close to the posts and Abdull scored 30-4. Hall then showed his power after intercepting and, although it took him two passes to retrieve the ball in the air, he scored the No.6 try.

Linnett’s score, bursting from inside his own half and throwing an outrageous dummy before hitting the gas to finish, added shine to the score as the home side won 40-4 but there is had more misfortune for the visitors as striker Pauli took a red card straight for a shoulder barge on Abdull.

Source link

Back to top button