Usa News

Major update in case of 6-year-old boy who died of fentanyl overdose after ‘chewing mom’s drug-tainted $1 bill’


A LITTLE boy died of an overdose after chewing a dollar bill which contained drug residue.

Oaklee Hirsch, 6, died on May 27, 2022 in Minnesota after taking a bite of fentanyl-tainted cash – and his mother has now been charged.

2

Oaklee Hirsch died after chewing the corner of a dollar bill that contained remnants of fentanylCredit: Facebook
Mom Brittany Ferrell has been charged over her son's death

2

Mom Brittany Ferrell has been charged over her son’s deathCredit: Facebook

Brittany Ferrell is now due in court on November 15.

Oaklee was living with Ferrell and his father Brandon Hirsch, 34, at his grandparents’ home when he died, the Star Tribune reported, citing a criminal complaint and court records.

The little boy was sleeping in the same bedroom as Ferrell when she realized “something was wrong” with their son and woke Hirsch, who was in the living room.

Hirsch went to the bedroom where he saw his son’s blue lips and thought he was overdosing.

Tom and Gisele
Spooky AI predicts the face of the

He called 911 around 2:45 a.m. and told them that Oaklee appeared to have overdosed and explained that he had administered two doses of Narcan – a drug intended to revive an overdosed person.

When a West Hennepin police officer arrived, he saw Ferrell and the boy’s grandmother kneel down and attempt to resuscitate him.

The officer took over and attempted to save Oaklee’s life, but medical responders pronounced him dead a short time later.

Hirsch spotted the dollar bill near his boy’s body and suspected it contained heroin residue from the “scorch marks.”

“The dollar bill in question had burn marks, was missing a corner as if it had a bite mark, and was damp to the touch and flat,” the criminal complaint reads.

“[Hirsch] believed the dollar bill was [Ferrell’s] because it was in his room.”

The child’s grandmother told law enforcement her grandson was developmentally delayed and autistic, meaning he ‘sometimes chewed newspaper and sometimes swallowed it or spat it out’ .

Hirsch said he and Ferrell abused illicit drugs in the last 72 hours before their son’s death.

Ferrell said he used fentanyl in the past 48 hours, admitting it was supposed to be heroin.

This opioid can be 50 times more potent than heroin.

Ferrell said the dollar bill was on the ground next to where Oaklee had slept and he “could have walked into a dollar bill that had narcotics residue in it.”

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office revealed Thursday that Oaklee died of “acute fentanyl toxicity.”

Oaklee’s obituary read: “[He] had the ability to make anyone fall in love with him.

Tom and Gisele
Spooky AI predicts the face of the

“It was hard not to with those beautiful big brown eyes and curly blonde hair bouncing around in the sun.

“Oaklee had an enthusiasm beyond imagination!”



the-sun

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button