Team news and stats ahead of Southampton vs West Ham in the Premier League on Tuesday (kick off 6pm).
Southampton will be without defender Jannik Vestergaard for at least four weeks due to a knee injury, but Oriol Romeu is back from his suspension from a game that ruled him out of the 0-0 draw at Fulham.
Ibrahim Diallo could drop out to secure Romeu’s return despite an impressive first start while Ralph Hasenhuttl should still be without Danny Ings (thigh) and Nathan Redmond (groin).
Moussa Djenepo is pushing for a recall after falling on the bench at Craven Cottage.
West Ham could welcome Michail Antonio again, who has missed the last five games with a hamstring injury.
But Arthur Masuaku is unavailable after undergoing surgery on a long-standing knee problem.
How to follow
Follow Southampton vs West Ham on our live match blog. Highlights will also be posted on the Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
- Southampton have lost their last two Premier League home games to West Ham, as many as they had in their previous 15 against them at St Mary’s / The Dell (W7 D6 L2).
- West Ham have won each of their last five Premier League games against Southampton – in top-tier history they only have consecutively against Coventry (9 between 1983-1987) and Aston Villa (6 between 1964-1967) .
- Southampton have only won their last league game in the last nine calendar years (D4 L5), since a 4-1 home win over Huddersfield in League One in 2010.
- West Ham won their last league game in just one of the last 11 calendar years (D3 L7), although that victory came against Southampton in the Premier League in 2015 (2-1).
- Southampton have retained seven clean sheets in their 16 Premier League home games in 2020, the latest keeping more in a single calendar year at St Mary’s in 2015 (8).
- West Ham have won three of their seven away league games this season (D1 L3), just one short of what they did in all of 2019-20 (W4 D5 L10). The Hammers have found the net in nine of their last 10 away games, although the only failure in that run was in their last game of its kind (0-3 against Chelsea).
- After scoring in 12 consecutive Premier League games, Southampton have failed to score in their last two games of the competition. They last played three scoreless league games in September / October 2018 under Mark Hughes (5 games).
- Since the start of July, West Ham’s Tomas Soucek has scored more Premier League goals via corner situations than any other player (5). Indeed, it is two more than the opponents of Southampton have not scored at that time (3).
- Against either side, Theo Walcott of Southampton has scored more Premier League goals than against West Ham (6). However, he hasn’t scored in any of his last five against the Hammers, with five of his six goals against them between 2011 and 2013.
- West Ham defender Ben Johnson, 20, scored his first Premier League goal against Brighton in their last game. The last Under-21 player to score in consecutive top-tier appearances with the Hammers was Jermain Defoe in April 2003.