The events of the past year have caused many people to rethink how they want to spend the rest of their lives. For various reasons, not everyone has the opportunity to start over or train for a new career, but a winery in California offers a person the chance to do so. Here’s what you need to know about this dream job.
What the job involves
the one year post is with the Murphy Goode Winery in Sonoma, California. The first three months involve the observation of the winemaker Dave Ready, Jr. for more on the many aspects of a harvest. After that you will work with the winery to find the aspect of the business that interests you the most. learn more on that and then spend the rest of the year focusing on that.
Other potential responsibilities and duties of the apprentice winemaker include:
- Help with the operation of the cellar
- Learn about e-commerce
- Help build the Murphy-Goode Winery brand
- Develop solid working relationships between the functions of the cellar
- Offer hospitality to merchants and consumers by contributing to a positive wine experience
- Effectively promote Murphy-Goode wines through various channels and events
In addition to learning about winemaking, the successful candidate will receive:
- A salary of $ 120,000 for the year
- One year of free rent in Sonoma, California
- 30 cases of wine
How to register
To apply for this position you must be at least 21 years old, be a legal resident of United States and / or licensed to work in the United States, and be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. You can access the full job description and requirements here.
The main part of the app is creating a video explaining why you are a good fit for the job. You can download the video and complete the request form here. Applications must be received by June 30, 2021.