Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
Usa News

Kentucky teenager who compiled ‘kill list’ allowed to return to school


Parents in a suburban Kentucky school district have sent a clear message to administrators they don’t want a teenager who created a “kill list” of students back in class with their children.

Concerned parents spoke out last week after learning that the Boone County School Board had allowed the 14-year-old suspect to return to school despite being charged with second degree terrorism threats.

“Whatever help he’s had, he’s still a threat,” worried mother Deanne Corbin told a school board meeting in Boone County, which is just across the street. side of the Ohio River from Cincinnati, according to local NBC affiliate WLWT.

Conner High School in Hebron, Ky.Google Maps

Parent Rob Bidleman, who said his child was on the teenage suspect’s ‘active victim list’, struggled to contain his emotions as he described hearing about the development from Andy Wyckoff, the director of Conner High School.

“When I got the call from the manager, it was emotionally devastating,” Bidleman said. “All I could think of was that my child was in danger despite having done nothing wrong.”

Another parent, Karen Wells, said Wyckoff was put in a difficult position because her own son was one of the students under threat.

“I don’t think this is the right move for the administration,” Wells said. “I think it places an unnecessary burden on Mr. Wyckoff with his own son on this list. He has to be impartial every day while giving this kid what he needs. Obviously this kid needs a community standing behind him to help him because one day he will be in our society.

Wyckoff told NBC News Monday that because the 14-year-old is a minor, his records are sealed and he is unaware of the status of the charges against him.

Wyckoff was also adamant that his son would stay at Connor High School even though he was one of the students under threat.

“I am aware that some parents have moved their children to other schools, but I will not move my son,” he said.

Boone County School District Superintendent Matthew Turner said in a letter to parents on Friday that his hands were tied and urged them to “talk to your local state legislator.”

“The Kentucky Constitution guarantees the right to a public education for every child without prejudice, and we are obligated to follow state law,” Turner wrote.

But the children, Turner wrote, will be safe.

“I can assure you that all appropriate security measures have been taken and are in place,” the superintendent wrote. “Conner High School remains a safe school.”

Conner Middle School in Hebron, Ky.
Conner Middle School in Hebron, Ky.Google Maps

In a separate case, another 14-year-old Connor High School student was arrested last year for posting online that he was “bringing a knife to school” to kill a specific teacher, the report reported. Boone County Sheriff’s Office on October 19. .

That student was also charged with second-degree terrorist threats, the department said.

“That’s a different case that I’ll be dealing with soon,” Wyckoff said. “It’s a good school. It’s not the kind of stuff we usually deal with.”

nbcnews Gt

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button