Skip to content
In Auray, three mobile homes ravaged by flames in a campsite: “All my life has burned” – Auray




The smell of burnt plastic is felt several meters away from the rubble. At the back of the campsite, the remains of charred mobile homes and charred furniture litter the blackened ground. Remains of the fire which broke out this Sunday, April 17, shortly before 5 a.m., in a mobile home, before spreading to two other homes, at the Les Pommiers campsite, rue de Kersalé, in Auray.

Some of the tenants live here year-round. This is the case of Anthony Riguidel, who is one of the victims. His mobile home completely burned down before his eyes. “My whole life has burned,” he sighs, tears in his eyes. He moved into the field last September. His mobile home was new. “It cost me 65,000 euros, with the terrace. I had my whole life inside”.

It was the sound of the flames that woke Anthony Riguidel. He was able to rescue his daughter, who lives with him. (Stephane Thiery)

“We went out barefoot, with nothing”

It was around 5 a.m., this Sunday morning, that he heard “a funny noise”. “It was a crackling sound, with the sound of furniture moving around”. When he opens the shutters of his home, the glowing light of the flames is reflected on the mobile home opposite. “I ran to wake up my daughter. We went out barefoot, with nothing. Not even my phone, ”he recalls. It is neighbors, with whom they have taken refuge in haste, who lend him the shoes they are wearing this morning. His motorcycle, a Harley Davidson, and his car were also affected by the flames. Another vehicle was damaged.

In Auray, three mobile homes ravaged by flames in a campsite: “All my life has burned” – Auray
Three mobile homes completely burned down on the campsite. Two others were damaged, according to the gendarmes. (The Telegram / Moorea Lahalle)

Explosion of gas cylinders

“The flames rose to more than 20 meters high,” recalls the father of the family. Stéphane Thiery, also a resident, completes: “The most impressive thing was the explosions caused by the gas bottles, which were exploding”. He was lucky. His mobile home is installed a little further. “The wind was not going my way”.

In total, three homes burned, including that of a couple with children. They too live at the campsite all year round. Two other homes were impacted, according to the gendarmes. Twelve people had to be evacuated overnight. Despite his dismay, Anthony Riguidel considers himself almost lucky. “I was supposed to pick up my second daughter tonight. She is three years old. If she had been there that night, she would have been very shocked.

In Auray, three mobile homes ravaged by flames in a campsite: “All my life has burned” – Auray
The burning smell was still noticeable late in the morning. Firefighters had just contained the flames, after nearly six hours of intervention. (The Telegram / Moorea Lahalle)

Ongoing investigation

The fire was contained by late morning. Firefighters from Auray, Vannes, Pluvigner and Ploeren were present, with seven vehicles. The gendarmes of Auray, as well as the PSIG of Lorient also went on the spot. A firefighter, slightly burned in the arm, was transported to the CHBA in Vannes.

According to the first elements, the accidental track is considered. The investigation is continuing. Technicians were expected on site in the morning. The campsite owner declined to comment.



letelegramme Fr Trans

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.