The identities of 11 additional hostages who were kidnapped by Hamas on October 7 and repatriated on Monday have been revealed.
The Israeli military said Monday evening that 11 hostages had been handed over to the Red Cross in Gaza and were on their way to Israeli territory, marking the start of the fourth exchange under the initial truce.
This latest publication comes as Israel and Hamas agreed to extend their ceasefire for two more days on Monday, according to the Qatari government, which was involved in the truce negotiations.
Hamas has so far freed 58 hostages, including 39 Israelis, during the current truce, while Israel has freed 117 Palestinian prisoners.
CNBC HOSTS CLASHES WITH DEMOCRATIC FOLLOWING ISRAEL-HAMAS WAR
According to Qatar, among those released from Israeli prisons are 30 minors and three women, while among the Israelis released from Gaza, three are of French nationality, two of German nationality and six from Argentina who were handed over to the Cross- Red.
ATTORNEY GENERAL GARLAND EXPRESSES ‘HOPE’ HAMAS WILL RELEASE MORE US HOSTAGES ‘IN THE DAYS TO COME’
The hostages released Monday were identified as Or Yaakov, 16; Yagil Yaakov, 12; Eitan Yahalomi, 12 years old; Sahar Kalderon, 16 years old; Erez Kalderon, 12 years old; Karina Engelbert, 51; Mika Engel, 18; Yuval Engel, 11; Emma Cunio, 3; Yuli Cunio, 3 years old; and Sharon Alony Cunio, 34.
Israel said it would extend the ceasefire by one day for every 10 additional hostages released. After the announcement from Qatar – a key mediator in the conflict, alongside the United States and Egypt – Hamas confirmed it had agreed to a two-day extension “under the same conditions”.
But Israel says it remains determined to crush Hamas’s military capabilities and end its 16-year rule over Gaza following its Oct. 7 attack in southern Israel. That would likely mean expanding a ground offensive from Gaza’s devastated north to the south, where hundreds of thousands of Palestinians have crowded into U.N. shelters and dire conditions persist despite increased aid in the framework of the truce.
Israel will resume operations with “full force” as soon as the current agreement expires if Hamas does not agree to further releases of hostages, government spokesman Eylon Levy told reporters on Monday. Israel said that in addition to dismantling Hamas, freeing the remaining captives was a top priority.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Hamas and other militants could still hold up to 175 hostages, enough to potentially extend the ceasefire by two and a half weeks. But these include a number of soldiers, and Hamas will likely demand much more for their release.
Dana Karni of Fox News Digital and the Associated Press contributed to this report.