Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon, teammates at Alpine, crashed on the track in Brazil last Saturday. A situation deemed unacceptable by the team, which banged its fist on the table. Both drivers reacted and Alonso will not apologize. What Ocon has trouble understanding, as he explains in the Moscato Show.
“I don’t know, I don’t think it’s necessary to apologize, there’s nothing else to say. I only have one race left, next year will be a different year. He (Ocon) will have a different teammate and management will have a new driver (Gasly), so it’s going to be different. It suits me”, reacted Fernando Alonso following his collision with Esteban Ocon last Saturday, during the sprint race of the Brazilian Grand Prix.
In the Super Moscato Show this Thursday, the French driver reacted: “We got along very well for two years. I was a little surprised to see his comments to the press, especially since I’m someone who prefers to speak in front, but that’s how it is, it doesn’t affect me. “From next season, Fernando Alonso will go to Aston Martin, replaced by Pierre Gasly.
“He was the one who was penalized”
During this exchange, Esteban Ocon recalled that it was his teammate who had been penalized: “It was a bad moment. He was the one who was penalized despite everything he said. It was not very useful to criticize me so much. We started from last place to come back up and we made up for it well. We are so close in each race that it is possible to hang on. “If the French seemed to play down, the behavior of the two drivers did not please their Alpine team at all. They could even have been threatened with exclusion.
“Laurent Rossi (Alpine boss) told them that if anyone else in the Alpine team had behaved like this, he would have been fired for serious misconduct”, confided Otmar Szafnauer, the director of Alpine team. The two teammates have one last goal in common this weekend at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, before parting ways: to retain fourth place in the constructors’ standings, for which the McLaren threat still hangs.