The QA-backed Republican tried to turn the billions of Brood X insects wreaking havoc in the United States into a political attack on other members of Congress, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)
“The media must stop acting like cicadas are Washington’s worst creatures,” Boebert tweeted Thursday. “I can list several that are worse, starting with the Speaker of the House.”
The media must stop acting like the cicadas are DC’s worst creatures. I can list several that are worse, starting with the Speaker of the House.
– Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) June 10, 2021
Twitter users mocked Boebert for her lack of self-awareness, naming her and other Donald Trump henchmen who they say should be on the list instead:
2. Marjorie Taylor Greene
3. Matt Gaetz
4. Madison Cawthorn
5. Lauren Boebert
You’re part of the problem, Lauren.
– 🅱️oston John (@ B0stonJohn) June 10, 2021
Imagine having the nerve to post tweets saying your coworkers are worse “creatures” than pestilential bugs. What vulgar and deplorable conduct. https://t.co/EMvy7xHgjb
– Provisional Apologist (@RandalRauser) June 10, 2021
You are at the top of this list. Greene, gaetz, McCarthy, Hawley are honorable mentions with McConnell
– Bill Hickok (@theponytail) June 10, 2021
The lack of self-awareness is surprising.
– Bob Shiltz #FBPE (@ Ilovenigelfara1) June 10, 2021
You have a lot in common with cicadas … an annoying lingering buzz that never seems to end.
– View from the north (@ seppl56) June 10, 2021
Now you defend the cicadas? You are so pathetic 🤦♀️
– # 1 MeMa (@sabra_serreyn) June 10, 2021
This is the worst comedy tour
– CheesyGorditaBrett⁴ (@TacosAndTaint) June 10, 2021