USA News

huffpost – ‘Justice League’ star Ray Fisher confirms he was removed from ‘the Flash’

Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg in “Justice League” in 2017, confirmed on Twitter Wednesday that he had been removed from “The Flash” – an upcoming film in the DC Universe of superhero movies – and added that the president of DC Films, Walter Hamada had undermined an investigation into alleged abuses that occurred on the set of “Justice League”.

In his statement, Fisher said that while he lamented the loss of his role, he could not in good faith participate in any projects associated with Hamada, who took over as the head of the DC Films division of Warner Bros. Photo Group in 2018. .

Fisher said Hamada was “unfit for a managerial position” and attempted to interfere with a Warner Bros. investigation. on allegations of misconduct and racism by Justice League director Joss Whedon – who finished the film after original director Zack Snyder left following the death of his daughter – and producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg.

“No one in any profession should have to argue with their employer to have their allegations of abuse, racism and discrimination taken up the proper chain of command,” Fisher wrote. “And no one, in any capacity, should attempt to dissuade those who wish to report such allegations from doing so. Walter’s actions transformed this narrative from an investigation of misconduct on set in 2017 to an examination of Hollywood’s current cover-up culture.

In a statement, WarnerMedia CEO Ann Sarnoff backed Hamada.

“I believe in Walter Hamada and that he did not prevent or interfere with the investigation,” Sarnoff said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “In addition, I have full confidence in the process and the conclusions of the investigation. Walter is a highly respected leader, known to his colleagues, peers and me as a man of great character and integrity. … I’m excited to hear where he’s taking DC Films and look forward to working with him and the rest of the team to build the DC Multiverse.

As of July 2020, Fisher has opened up about what he described as an “unprofessional” and “disgusting” environment on the “Justice League” following Snyder’s departure. His tweets sparked the Warner Bros. investigation, which ended in December 2020 with a statement saying “corrective action” had been taken.

The extent of the “corrective action” has not been publicly disclosed.

A 2019 New York Times report found that Whedon’s covers of the film required almost 80 pages of script and significantly altered Snyder’s original vision. Following a huge fan outcry, Snyder announced that he would bring his own director’s cut of the film – titled “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” – to HBO Max in 2021.

.

Source link

Back to top button