Do you want to hide your phone number to avoid being called back or to prevent your interlocutor from knowing your identity? There are many reasons for not wanting to give out your phone number and prefer to hide your identity. For both landlines and mobile lines, several methods are available to show you how to hide your phone number safely.
Discover through this guide how to hide your phone number and call with a hidden number.
Our top 3 mobile plans of the moment
How to call with a hidden number
There are several ways to hide your phone number. Depending on your wishes, you can choose either to call with a hidden number punctually or permanently. Occasionally, this requires entering a prefix before dialing the phone number you wish to call. Otherwise, hiding your number permanently involves setting your phone to always call in hidden mode.
How to call with a hidden number via Android?
Do you have an Android smartphone and need to make a call while preserving your identity? Although the steps to follow may vary slightly from one smartphone to another, you have the option of not disclosing your telephone number to your correspondents permanently. To do this, follow these steps:
How to hide your phone number with Samsung?
- Launch the “Phone” application (from which you make calls)
- Open the app’s “Settings” by clicking on the three vertical dots
- Select “Call”
- Go to “Additional Settings”
- Click on “caller ID”
- Check the box “Hide the number”
- Your identity will be automatically masked during your calls
To deactivate this option, follow the same steps and check “Show number”
How to hide your phone number with Huawei?
- Open the “Phone” application on the main screen of your Huawei
- Go to the “Settings” menu
- Access the “Calls” sub-menu
- Select “Additional Settings” or “Advanced Settings”
- Go to the Caller ID tab
- Check “hide call”
Don’t forget to deactivate this option if you want to display your number again!
How to hide your phone number with Iphone?
Do you have an Apple and want to make a call without your phone number being displayed on your correspondent’s device?
To hide your phone number with Iphone, do the following:
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone
- Select the “Phone” box
- Click on the “Show my number” option
- Toggle the switch to disable the “Show my number” feature.
Once the option is deactivated, your interlocutors will see your number displayed as a private number.
If the version of your iPhone is older, try this approach:
- Access the “Settings” menu from the main screen of your iPhone
- Select the “Calls” submenu
- Tap on “Additional settings” or “Advanced settings”
- Go to the “call identification” or “equivalent option” tab
- Check the box “Hide number”
Thus, your interlocutors will no longer be able to see your telephone number
How to call with a hidden number from a landline?
In case you want to make a call from a landline, know that there are two methods to hide your phone number, regardless of your device model or carrier.
Call with a hidden number occasionally
This procedure requires the use of a specific code that you must type before the number you wish to call. On the other hand, this prefix differs according to the telephone operator with which you are engaged.
- For SFR and Orange customers, the prefix is ”3651″, to be dialed before the recipient’s telephone number
- For Bouygues Telecom customers, type “*1651” before the number of your correspondent
- For Free customers, dial “*31*” followed by the number of your correspondent
- For Sosh, Red by SFR, Prixtel and OVH use 3651 to make occasional hidden calls.
Don’t forget that this anonymous call mode is temporary and that you have to dial this prefix each time you want to call a hidden number.
Call with a permanently hidden number
You can perfectly hide your identity permanently by calling from a landline, to do this:
- Dial *31# from your landline
- Let the call go
- Activate the “Permanent secret” option
All subsequent calls will be hidden. If you wish, you can call #31#, so the option will be cancelled.
If all the methods mentioned above have not been useful to you, you can contact your operator’s customer service by telephone or through its website, or simply activate the hidden call option by accessing the “permanent secret service” available on your customer area. You can also download one of the applications specially dedicated to people who want to call hidden numbers.