Usa News

Halloween attraction opens despite awaiting approval


FLUSHING, Mich. (WNEM) – Friday was the grand opening of a long-awaited Halloween attraction in Genesee County despite the lack of final approval from the local planning commission.

Flushing Township Supervisor Frederick Thorsby previously told TV5 that the scope of the Haunted Michigan Musical in Flushing Township has changed and the planning commission must review and approve an updated site plan.

READ MORE HERE: Thrill seekers should wait to be spooked

Thorsby mentioned that the approval could have taken place on Thursday, September 22 at a special planning commission meeting, but that meeting was later scheduled for Monday, September 26.

Despite this, owner Alberto Dimatteo went ahead with today’s grand opening.

Dimatteo describes the Halloween attraction as “relentless nostalgia” for people of all ages.

“We have a wagon ride for families where we have character tour guides,” Dimatteo said. “They’re going to be taking our guests through the woods on three haunted musical sets where our actors are going to perform musical numbers of about three minutes each and the ride is about 35 minutes long.”

Guests can expect to encounter several creatures on their journey through the woods, such as witches, a magical troll, and an evil doctor.

The spooky musical runs every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until Halloween.

“There’s no blood, no gore, no jump scares, no profanity, we’re definitely a family attraction,” Dimatteo said.

You can purchase tickets for Michigan’s Haunted Musical here.

Cnn All

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button