The Department of Justice submitted, as part of the special lead review of the Mar-a-Lago search, a slightly revised inventory of the materials seized in the search, along with an FBI affidavit stating that the new inventory fully reflects what was taken.
The special master, Judge Raymond Dearie, had asked the Justice Department to submit an affidavit stating whether the inventory had captured a “complete and accurate” picture of the search – a request that came after former President Donald Trump claimed, without evidence, that the FBI may have planted objects during this.
Schiff reacts to Trump: ‘These comments don’t show much intelligence of any kind’
“I am not aware of any document or material seized from the premises on this date by the FBI that is not listed in the Revised Detailed Property Inventory,” wrote an FBI agent, whose identity has been redacted. , in the new affidavit, “other than documents that the Lien Review Team did not provide to the Case Team.”
According to the FBI, the agency had just one business day to compile the first version of the inventory – filed several weeks ago – but has since had more time to review and catalog the list. The filing also noted that a review team filtered potentially privileged documents found after the seizure at Mar-a-Lago, which they retained.
The agent said the revisions to the new list were “minor”.
According to CNN’s comparison of the two versions, the new version showed the same total number of documents marked classified as compiled in the previously filed inventory. The new version shows two fewer clippings and two fewer empty envelopes with classified banners than the previous count. The revised inventory also shows a few dozen additional government documents with no classified markings, out of the thousands the FBI says it obtained during the search.
On Friday, Trump faces a deadline to submit special lead descriptions of any seized items he believes are missing from inventory, or items that were in inventory and he believes were not found. on site.