RBNZ deputy comments on television
- New Zealand’s economy is very resilient
- We need to keep removing stimuli
- Risks to the Outlook are Finely Balanced
- We have a tight job market
- Inflation expectations will be key
- We see the risk of inflation expectations rising
This is a conversation similar to what we hear from most of the top central bankers. The difference is that the RBNZ started raising rates this week. The market hasn’t been impressed so far, but it’s hard to bet against a central bank in a rate hike cycle.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.