Dow down -0.5% leads the way
Major US stock indices are opening lower on the back of rising oil prices, slower growth from China and higher yields.
A snapshot of the market is shown:
- Dow Industrial Average -196.05 points or -0.56% to 35098.72
- S&P Index -18.75 points or -0.42% to 4452.63
- NASDAQ Index -51.97 points or -0.35% to 14,845.37
in other markets:
- Spot gold is trading at $ 1.16 or 0.07% at $ 1,767.61. It found resistance against $ 1800 last week.
- Spot silver is trading four cents or -0.17% lower at $ 23.22
- Bitcoin is trading at $ 61,508
In the US debt market, the five-year yield is up 4.1 basis points from 1.1634%. That’s below the high of 1,193%, but above the low of 1,137%. The shorter end of the curve continues to trade and tighten. Expectations are that the United States would begin to tighten up in November of next year.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.