Skip to content
Bradford City: Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars to remain in provisional charge until further notice |  Football News


Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars will be in interim charge of Bradford until further notice, the West Yorkshire club have announced.

The duo took over earlier this month following the dismissal of Stuart McCall.

The Bantams had lost six league and Cup games in a row before McCall left and were at risk of becoming the first club to play in the Premier League to subsequently drop out of the EFL.

However, under Trueman and Sellars, Bradford has taken 10 out of a possible 12 points and is currently 18th in League Two.

Picture:
Bradford parted ways with Stuart McCall after poor form

Bradford CEO Ryan Sparks said: “Mark and Conor have done a tremendous job turning our fortunes over the past two weeks.

“It is important that they, our supporters and our partners have clarity, and we believe that allows it.

“Mark and Conor fully understand what we’re trying to build and are excited to play a big role in it.

“Without a doubt, this is a huge opportunity for them. It is an opportunity that we feel worthy and respectful of what they have given us since mid-December.



Bradford City: Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars to remain in provisional charge until further notice |  Football News







2:05

Highlights of Bradford’s 1-0 win at Tranmere in Ligue 2 on Boxing Day

“They have improved our position and we have taken steps to improve theirs – ensuring their future is secure.”

Sparks have said Trueman and Sellars will have the club’s “full support” ahead of the January transfer window.

He added: “They will have the final say on who comes and goes at the Utilita Energy Stadium and will have significant resources.”

Bradford returns to home action at Port Vale on Tuesday night.





Source link