It takes a veritable army to make TechCrunch Disrupt, taking place October 18-20 in San Francisco, the well-oiled experience savvy startuppers have come to know and love. And we couldn’t do it this well without our amazing volunteers.
If you’re looking for a no-budget way to experience Disrupt up close and personal, sign up to volunteer for work exchange. Not only will you get a behind-the-scenes look at the event production, but you’ll also earn a free pass ($1995 value) to experience the event.
You’ll work hard, play hard, and get free access to all three days of Disrupt. Whether you dream of becoming a startup founder, marketer, or event coordinator, this is a great way to see what it takes to produce a world-class tech startup conference.
Plus, your free pass grants you access to the full Disrupt experience – the main stage, the TechCrunch+ stage, the exhibition floor – where you’ll find the Startup Battlefield 200 – and the Startup Battlefield contest.
Volunteers handle a variety of tasks to help make this startup conference an epic experience for everyone. At any time, you can help with registration, challenge speakers, direct attendees, fill goodie bags, place signs, scan tickets, or help with pre-marketing activities.
We need volunteers from October 17 to 20. If you can meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you:
- Attend a mandatory orientation on Monday, October 17 at the Moscone Center.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours throughout the conference, from October 17 (the day before the conference starts) through October 20. You will find the availability of volunteer shifts in the app. We may select you for certain pre-event opportunities, which would count towards your hours.
- You may be scheduled for one 8-9 hour shift or you may be scheduled with two separate shifts of 4-5 hours each. Shifts can start as early as 6:30 a.m. PT or end no later than 8:30 p.m. PT
- You must provide your own accommodation and transportation.
- Due to the high volume of applications, we will only notify selected candidates.
Read the Volunteer FAQ for more information.
Give us a hand and we’ll give you a free pass. Save money, gain valuable experience, and still have plenty of time to enjoy all the great startup goodness TechCrunch Disrupt has to offer. Apply to volunteer before October 3 to get your free pass, and we’ll see you in October!