World News

Alex Jones’ lawyer tells Sandy Hook judge he ‘expected more outbursts’ from Infowars host after sarcastic quip

Alex Jones’ lawyer admitted to a judge he had expected more outbursts from the conspiracy theorist after he sarcastically answered a question during testimony at Sandy Hook’s latest trial .

Lawyer Norm Pattis was summoned by Judge Barbara Bellis to explain his client’s unruly behavior after she cleared the court on Thursday.

“Overall responsive and my client is tired,” was how Mr Pattis described Jones’ behavior as a conspiracy theorist he spoke and testified at the Connecticut libel trial.

Mr Pattis could also be heard explaining during the absence of the jury that he was surprised that Jones had not lost his temper more often during his testimony.

It came after Jones was questioned by Chris Mattei, an attorney for the victims’ families, about why he praised his supporters for putting Infowars stickers around the courthouse.

“I want to congratulate people as the First Amendment is under attack, I want to congratulate them now.”

Jones then reacted angrily after being asked if he thought he was in a “puppet court”, as he said earlier this week on his Infowars show.

“It’s not primarily a peaceful protest when they’re burning down $2 billion worth of buildings, but when conservatives are sticking stickers it’s bad,” Jones said sarcastically after the video aired. “I know we all have to go to jail.”

The judge immediately dispatched the jury and had a sidebar with the attorneys to discuss his behavior.

Later that day, after a series of outbursts, the judge told lawyers she could hold Jones in contempt of court if this continued.

This is the second libel suit in a lawsuit Mr Jones lost with the families of the Sandy Hook victims.

During a trial in Texas last month, Mr Jones admitted he knew the 2012 massacre was real – not a “hoax” as he had previously claimed.

In that case, he was ordered to pay $4.11 million in compensatory damages and $45.2 million in punitive damages to Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, the parents of six-year-old victim Jesse Lewis.

Now, Connecticut jurors will decide how much Mr. Jones should pay those families in damages.


The Independent Gt

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button