Skip to content
Affidavit: Mom attributes baby’s injuries to family dog ​​|  KTA

MIDLAND, Texas (KMID/KPEJ) – Byron Brown, 20, and Sarah Wroe, 19, were arrested last night after police say they caused the death of their daughter. Diamond, 1 month, died on May 11 after being found unconscious at her parents’ home.

Last week, the Midland Police Department said it was investigating after the child was taken to a local hospital where she later died. Now an affidavit has revealed new details in the case.

According to court documents, on May 11, a detective was called to Midland Memorial Hospital after Diamond was diagnosed with multiple skull fractures and a brain hemorrhage. At the hospital, the detective met both parents for questioning.

In an interview with Wroe, the detective said the young mother blamed the dog for her baby’s injuries. Wroe reportedly said days earlier that his 30-pound dog jumped on his baby girl. Then her story changed, and she said it happened a week or two ago. She later said the dog “put a paw” on the baby’s head. The detective said Wroe offered no further explanation for how his child ended up with such serious injuries.

The detective then interviewed Brown, who offered his version of events. Brown said he left their shared apartment earlier in the day to go find a new place to live and after looking at the apartments he called Wroe to tell the tape. According to Brown, Wroe did not answer, but returned his call. minutes later and said something was wrong with their baby and she was “not breathing well”.

Brown said he rushed home and they called 911. Brown told police that emergency medical services came to his apartment and said there was nothing trouble with the baby and left. We have not been able to confirm whether the couple actually called 911 that afternoon.

The dad told us in an interview earlier this week that he and Wroe took a nap and later their daughter started having seizures and making ‘strange noises’, but he and Wroe were hesitant to call EMS and decided to let Diamond sleep.

“She slept for about four hours…she wasn’t waking up, she wasn’t eating. Later that night, my wife told me that her (baby’s) head was swollen.

Brown said that’s when they decided to call 911.

After Diamond’s death, the parents were taken in for further questioning; however, neither could provide an explanation for their child’s injuries, the affidavit states. Diamond’s body was sent to Dallas for an autopsy and an arrest warrant was subsequently issued for Brown and Wroe. They are currently held on a $1,000,000 bond.


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.